At Consolidated Insurance Brokers we specialise in Farm Insurance!
Everyone’s farm is different, and you need a unique insurance package to cover the variety of risks on your particular property. Farms are often a combination of:
Domestic assets such as:
- The homestead
- Personal contents
- Private use vehicles or boats
Income producing business assets such as:
- Farm vehicles and equipment
- Stock or crops
A Farm Insurance Package is a combination of different insurances to cover these various assets against a range of risks.
You can pick and choose exactly what you would like to insure:
- You can cover your entire rural boundary fenceline, or just a specific limit or “first loss”
- We can cover all vehicles, machinery and equipment against breakdown and theft
- You can insure your livestock against major risks such as fire/impact, or key stud stock against more comprehensive risks such as accident, illness or loss in transit
- Importantly, these packages also offer legal liability cover to protect you against lawsuits from anyone injured on your rural property or from your produce.
Who Needs this Insurance?
Anyone who owns a farm needs Rural Insurance! This includes non-income producing hobby farms as well as commercial enterprises, and anywhere in between.
If you run a farm holiday or host stay, you should definitely speak with a broker to ensure you have appropriate liability cover for people visiting your property.
If you own specialist equipment or infrastructure (e.g. glasshouses), we would be happy explain the special risks involved, what is available to protect you from these risks, and what it will cost.
We will help you Get the right cover and make an educated decision on whether to buy a policy or self-insure for a particular risk.