At Consolidated Insurance Brokers, we specialise in Lorry, Prime Mover and Truck Insurances

Truck Insurance – also known as Heavy Motor Vehicle Insurance – is like business insurance for Transport companies who use heavy vehicles and plant.

It is distinct from standard commercial motor insurance as trucks have different needs and expectations. These policies offer unique insurance cover to cover common out-of-pocket expenses at claim time.

On top of covering basics such as damage to your own vehicles and damage that your vehicles cause, our policies can also cover:

  1. Public Liability to cover liability for business activities when not driving (such as loading/unloading)
  2. Transport Insurance, known as Marine Transit Insurance in case goods are damaged in transit, or whilst in storage
  3. Downtime cover which provides an income while your vehicle is being repaired after an accident.
  4. Motor Fleet Insurance for large businesses with more than 15 vehicles.

Who Needs Truck Insurance?

If a commercial truck has a carrying capacity over 5 tonnes then you should make this insurance a priority.

It protects your investment, but more importantly protects your business against liability for damage your truck causes in an accident.

Transport Operators who rely on a small number of vehicles should also have Downtime protection. Losing a vehicle temporarily can severely impact business income, and downtime cover can help you;

  • Pay your ongoing business expenses
  • Meet your personal living expenses
  • Hire a replacement vehicle

How can CIB help?

We will work on your behalf to find tailored truck insurance that matches your needs. We will help you Get the right cover for your business regardless of the work you do; interstate lorries, prime movers, dump trucks and refrigerated transport, we cover them all!

Your Insurance Broker works for you. Every year your CIB broker will get an insurance quote from each of our 5 reputable Australian insurers. In addition, it is our job to work with the insurer during the claim process and to pay your claim. We help you understand how your policy works so you get the most out of it.

Our insurance policies are a minimum of 12 months. Monthly payment options are available to help with your businesses cash flow.

For Outstanding Service and Advice, want a Truck Insurance Broker who will go the extra mile for you? Call right now or fill out our “request a callback” form below.